Lynne Martin, User Experience Architect
My name is Lynne Martin. I'm a User Experience Architect living and working in the Philadelphia vicinity. I've worked in the software industry for over ten years for a variety of high tech firms including Hewlett-Packard, SAP and IBM.
Using a lean UX approach, I work with product teams to identify user experience issues with existing products and design, prototype and test new products and new product features.
I also have experience in designing and implementing UX programs from the ground up for software businesses and possess end-to-end UX skills. I am comfortable working as either as a manager or individual contributor.
My key strengths are UX strategy, UX research & design, rapid prototyping and usability testing. I am experienced with a wide variety of common UX tooling such as Axure, Omnigraffle and Adobe Creative Cloud.
View My Portfolio(Credentials provided to those with whom I am actively interviewing.)
Download My Resume
What I Do
UX Leadership on Agile Product Teams
As an individual product team contributor I provide the following:
- Design sprint facilitation: A process that promotes a shared understanding of the customer problems we are solving, accelerates design ideation, challenges assumptions, identifies risks and rapidly prototypes and tests designs.
- User Research: To better understand our customers unmet needs, conduct interviews, surveys and perform contextual observation & inquiry. Report findings back to the product team. Iterate on designs as needed and create new user stories with Product Management.
- Provide detailed, annotated wireframes to document design direction. Work closely with developers to ensure features are implemented as designed.
- Prototype and test high risk features with customers in order to iterate and improve the design prior to delivery to engineering.
- Work closely with Product Manager/Product Owner to help refine stories, write tickets, identify UX fixes and create research and design schedules/plans.>
UX Program Design & Implementation
For companies making their initial investments in UX, I am capable of designing and implementing a UX program from the ground up.
Baselining and Customer Access
- Baselining the current UX of existing products
- Heuristic analyses of products
- Review of known UX issues
- Competitive UX analysis
- Interviews with field staff, support and other internal proxy customers
- Adding UX research to the agenda of any upcoming customer-facing events
- Identification of sponsor users for design partnerships
- Development of UX program KPIs
Collaboration, Education and Process Changes
- Initial UX education for Product Management and Development
- Introduction of UX heuristics
- UX defect categories included as a required field in bug tracking system
- QA testers trained in how to identify and categorize UX defects and accurately assign severity
- Design session facilitation for new products or features included in plans
- UX participation on all frontend agile teams
- Detailed, annotated wireframes required for all frontend stories
- Prototyping and testing of high risk designs prior to delivery to development
- UX objectives included in product team goals
Advanced Education and Team Support
- Design Pattern library development
- Visual Design style guide development
- Usability testing training provided to front-end developers
- Internal developer-led usability test sessions
- Focused developer training based on analysis of UX defects
- UX goals established for each release with requirements defined and prioritized appropriately against new features
- UX goals verified at certification time and required for release
- Close collaboration with PM and Development to identify release drivers (in the form of measurable outcomes) for subsequent releases
To learn more about my approach to UX and to see samples of project artifacts, please contact me. Due to the need to protect the intellectual property of the companies I have worked for, I can't publish designs online. I have created several case studies which include generic representations of project artifacts which are hosted behind a login and I can share the credentials upon request.
To read about a specific approach to scaling UX which I have used with great success, please see my article from UX - The Magazine of the User Experience Professionals Association: A Unique Approach to Software Usability.
You can reach me by email at or connect with me on linkedin.